Living an intentional life is about being purposeful, deliberate and focused with what you desire to achieve. It means you stop making excuses and start taking steps to achieve the things that matter most to you. It requires you deciding that failure is not final but merely a detour of learning on your journey to success.
This year my personal commitment is to live an intentional life. I have been doing daily intentional quotes on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter to keep me on track and to help others. Living intentional has caused me to be swift to hear and slow to speak and making sure the words I say are positive and creating the world I desire.
Living an intentional life requires saying no to the things that are not moving you closer to your spiritual, personal and professional goals. It is okay to say no and not feel guilty when you really are determined to live intentionally.
A few keys for living an intentional life:
- Follow through on the commitments you make to others.
- Be clear on what brings you joy and fulfillment.
- Take time for yourself so you can reflect, renew and rejuvenate.
- Recognize that every opportunity and offer that comes your way may not be the right one; choose wisely.
- Mentor and make time to help others; pay it forward.
I challenge you to make 2015 a year of living an intentional